An Insurance Agent is a professional who represents an insurance company in selling and servicing policies. The agent generally receives a commission for this service.
In Botswana, insurance agents are required to undergo classroom education for the type of insurance they are qualifying for to be approved to take the state insurance exam (Certificate Of Proficiency).
After successfully completing the exam an insurance agent will need to apply to NBFIRA to be licensed as an agent. Only licensed insurance agents are allowed to sell and service insurance policies.
- Corporate Agents New Licensing Requirements
- Corporate Agents New Licensing Application Form
- Individual Agents New Licensing Requirements
- Individual Agents New Licensing Application Form
- Corporate Agents License Renewal Requirements
- Individual Agents Licensing Renewal Requirements